Tuesday, August 21, 2012

yep, i ugly cried

do you ever feel that you just need a good, healthy, cleansing cry?

yep, me too.

this morning though, i had a full on, no holds bard, ugly cry.  like, sobbing, snot running down my face, can't see the road through my tears, ugly cry.

why,  you may ask?  well i follow this lovely gal, ruthanne's blog called eclectic whatnot.  even though i've never met this darling of a woman, i feel a real kinship toward her.  she's a 30something, like myself and was an overweight gal, like myself.  she started the couch to 5k program a year ago and is down a total of 82 pounds in her weight loss journey.  she's such an inspiration to me.  so much so that i've decided i want to become a runner.  i want to run in a marathon.  it's been on my bucket list and what better time to start then the present?  i went to the brooks outlet and bought me some new ghost 4 kicks.  i love them.  they are like little pillows on my feet. 

i sent ruthanne an email last night.  i don't know what i was looking for from her.  maybe just to vent my weight frustration a bit, maybe to not feel alone, and maybe for just some plain old encouragment.  she, being the amazing lady she is, responded with this: you CAN do it.

so here i go.  here's to the next step.

thank you ruthanne.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! I think you are amazing, beautiful, and am so grateful to have you as my friend! Thank you for your honesty, vulnerability, and willingness to go for it! I am proud of you friend! And, excited to watch your journey with you. ~Megs

    ReplyDelete