Monday, September 3, 2012

week 1 = done

holy moses, i did it.

and i didn't die.

i finished the first week of couch to 5k.  that first night was difficult, but but the third workout, i don't know what happened, but it got EASIER!  i even talked with matt (albeit labored) on my last jog of the night.  i was pretty impressed with myself. 

what's even cooler is that i'm still excited!  i actually want to go running even when it's not on the schedule!  never, in a million years, did i ever, EVER think those words would come out of my mouth.  i'm more motivated than i've been about anything in my life.  i think a big part of the reason is, it's only 20 minutes.  that's it.  i don't feel like i have to be out there for an hour.  i'm sure i'll get up to that but when anything physical is difficult, that LAST thing you want to do is go get sweaty for an hour.

so now i'm gearing up for week two.  i just made my breakfasts for the week.  egg whites and veggie sausage on a sandwich thin.  it's yummy and has protein that will get me through the morning with less snacking.

i'll keep you updated on week two.

No comments:

Post a Comment